In the mood for something warm and cozy? I’ve got just the thing that you need, but in alcohol form. It makes a homemade vanilla caramel liqueur that I would easily put against any type of liqueur that you would find on store shelves. And best of all? It’s incredibly easy to make as well. You won’t even need to add much into your cocktails and recipes because the flavor is just incredible.
The first things that you’ll be needing are two cans of sweetened condensed milk. You’re going to want to boil a large pot filled with water and then submerge both cans in the water, leaving them to simmer for approximately three hours. You can then remove them from the heat, allowing them to cool completely before you open both cans. Place the caramelized milk mixture into a blender with four cups of rum and the seeds from one vanilla bean and blend everything together until it’s nice and smooth.Print
Homemade Caramel Vanilla Liqueur
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours, 40 minutes
- Yield: 7 cups 1x
4 cups rum
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
seeds from one vanilla bean
- Place the unopened cans in a large pot.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Make sure the cans are always covered by water.
- Remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Open the cans.
- Place the caramelized mixture, rum and vanilla seeds in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a sterilized bottles and seal.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Download link: Caramel Vanilla Liqueur Tag