When I was growing up, meat and potatoes were pretty much the go to staple for my meals. These days I definitely include a lot more of a variety in my diet, but I still find myself coming back to what I’m familiar with, so it should come as no surprise that this baked sheet pan sausage and potatoes recipe was born.
The recipe combines one pound of baby potatoes with nine ounces of smoked or regular sausages that have been sliced into ½” rounds.
To go along with your staple meat and potatoes, you’ll also be including a mix of bacon, onion, and savory herbs when making this recipe. It all comes together beautifully to make one quick, easy, and oh so tasty meal for family dinner night.
(You may also like: No-Fuss Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes (with Herb Butter))
Comforting Sheet Pan Sausage And Potatoes for a Hearty Meal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 9 oz smoked or regular sausage, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 bacon slices, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Arrange the sausage and potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, dried thyme, paprika and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the sausage and potatoes with oil mixture, sprinkle with bacon and toss to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400° F for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until the potatoes are crisp tender and sausage is browned.