For some reason, I used to always struggle when it came to making a good home-cooked seafood meal from scratch. I don’t know why but I could just never get anything to taste right. That was the case for the longest time, until I started doing more experiments in the kitchen. One of the first seafood recipes I mastered was this baked sheet pan salmon and asparagus recipe.
As the name suggests, you only need six simple ingredients to prepare this yummy dinner: four salmon fillets (weighing approximately six ounces each), two pounds of asparagus, six tablespoons of butter, one whole lemon, ½ of a lemon that has been zested and juiced, two minced garlic cloves, and last but not least, two tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
It’s the perfect starter seafood recipe to get you ready to move on to more advanced dishes later on.
(You may also like: Garlic Sheet Pan Salmon)
Easy 6-Ingredient Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 (6 oz each) salmon filets
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Arrange the salmon and asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, lemon juice and zest and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spread ½ of butter mixture over salmon and top with lemon slices.
- Dot the asparagus with remaining butter mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven at 450° F for 10-12 minutes then turn the oven to broil on high and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.