Having different themed dinner nights is huge at my house. We actually go out of our way to try and plan a different international cuisine dinner night at least once a week. I must admit that I’m always looking forward to our Mexican cuisine evenings the most because I love cheese, and I love anything spicy. So with that being said, it’s no wonder that I love this baked sheet pan quesadilla recipe.
The recipe calls for what I feel is the perfect blend of ingredients to maximize the taste of these quesadillas: lean ground beef, bell peppers, onions, taco seasoning, Cheddar cheese, and more.
If you’re at all a fan of Mexican food, then believe me when I tell you that you’re going to want to place this recipe at the very top of your ‘must try’ list.
(You may also like: Sheet Pan Beef Fajitas)
Authentic Sheet Pan Quesadillas (These are Awesome!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 ½ pound ground beef
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ¼ oz) package taco seasoning
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell peppers and ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove from the heat, add the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Place 8 tortillas around the sides of the lightly greased pan so half of the tortilla is hanging over the edge.
- Place one tortilla in the middle, covering the exposed pan then top with ground beef mixture, cheese, and green onions. Place the remaining tortillas over the cheese in the center of the pan.
- Fold the overhanging tortillas onto the pan so they cover the fillings and touch the center tortillas.
- Place another baking sheet with baking beans on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425°F for 20 minutes then remove the baking sheet with baking beans.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, until the tortillas are golden and crisp. Serve with your favorite toppings (Pico de gallo, sour cream etc)