If you were to ask 10 people what their favorite childhood meal was, it’s a fairly safe bet that at least half of them will tell you mac and cheese. The classic blue mac and cheese box is a childhood staple that I’m sure many will recognize and for good reason. With that in mind, I’m absolutely delighted today to be sharing this ooey-gooey baked sheet pan mac and cheese recipe with you guys.
This isn’t just any mac and cheese recipe though. You’re going to be loading your sheet pan up with some tasty ingredients that will help bring out the natural flavors of the cheese. I’m talking about things like Dijon mustard, breadcrumbs, and more.
It all comes together beautifully to make a bowl of mac and cheese that will have you saying “wow” from the moment you take your first bite.
(You may also like: Creamy Instant Pot Mac And Cheese)
Ooey-Gooey Sheet Pan Mac And Cheese (yum!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 cups half and half
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Save 1 ½ cup of pasta water, then drain.
- Heat the cream cheese, half and half and pasta water over medium heat, stirring until cream cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat, add the Dijon mustard and cheddar, stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Add the macaroni and sauce to a pan and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the breadcrumbs and butter and sprinkle evenly over the pasta.
- Bake in preheated oven at 450° F for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the breadcrumbs and golden and crispy.