There are two main things that I look for when I’m trying to find new recipe ideas for making dinner. The recipe should both be easy to make (I love to keep things simple after all!) and it should make a well balanced, nutritious meal. That’s the ideal right there. So with that in mind, today I’m happy to be sharing this baked sheet pan lemon chicken recipe that effortlessly meets both of my requirements.
Not only will you be using both lemon juice and zest to make a mouth watering sauce, but it also includes minced garlic, butter, and rosemary.
Simply coat your chicken breasts (or preferred cut of meat) with the lemon butter mixture, and then arrange both the chicken and baby potatoes in a single layer on your baking sheet before baking for 40-45 minutes at 450°.
(You may also like: Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Broccoli)
Easy and Healthy Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 ½ boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ pounds baby potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp copped fresh parsley
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Arrange the chicken and potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, lemon juice and zest and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spread ½ of butter mixture over chicken and top with lemon slices.
- Dot the potatoes with remaining butter mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven at 450° F for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.