I’ve been making a ton of sheet pan meals for dinner for the last few weeks. It’s mostly because I’ve been so pressed for time but truth be told, you can make some ridiculously tasty sheet pan meals quickly and easily. I’m talking less than an hour such as this baked sheet pan chicken and asparagus recipe.
The recipe first takes boneless, skinless chicken breast chunks (of course you can always feel free to use darker cuts of meat like the legs and thighs if you would prefer) and dredges them in a tasty mixture of almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
(You may also like: Healthy 7-Ingredient Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables)
The Best Almond Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups ground almonds
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Add the asparagus, potatoes, oil and salt and black pepper to taste to a bowl and toss to coat.
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness with the meat mallet and season with salt and black pepper.
- In a shallow dish add the almond flour, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese and mix to combine.
- Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture and then coat them in the Parmesan mixture.
- Place the chicken on a lightly oiled sheet pan and arrange the potatoes in a single layer around the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425° F for 15 minutes then then flip the chicken over and add the asparagus and continue baking for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.