One of my favorite ways to prepare chicken has always been by smothering it in a balsamic vinegar mixture. I’ve loved it ever since I was little and I still even tend to make it a few times per month at the very least.
It’s particularly good when you mix in a bit of honey with the balsamic vinegar before marinating your chicken. If you’re interested in learning this baked sheet pan balsamic chicken recipe, keep reading.
The recipe will show you how to make oven-baked sheet pan balsamic chicken for those times when you’re in the mood for a quick and easy meal.
Related: Almond Chicken and Asparagus
You’ll first need to sprinkle a savory mix of Italian seasoning and minced garlic over top of your chicken before drizzling it with olive oil. Next, spoon your prepared mix of balsamic vinegar and honey over top of the chicken before baking it in the oven along with six cups of chopped veggies.
I like to use baby potatoes, green beans, and bell peppers, but you can of course feel free to use your favorite veggies as well!
P.S. I would also recommend this sheet pan chicken and broccoli if you’re looking for a dinner that’s even simpler (but just as satisfying): https://misswish.com/baked-sheet-pan-chicken-and-broccoli-recipe
Baked Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 6 cups chopped vegges (I used beans, baby potatoes, bell peppers)
- 3 tbsp oil of your choice
- salt, black pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan bring the balsamic vinegar and honey to a boil over medium heat and cook until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken and veggies on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Spoon half of balsamic sauce over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425° F for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until the chicken is fully cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Serve with remaining balsamic sauce.